Monday 11 July 2016

I’ve been playing and got reckless with my oil paint, I’m making the switch to all natural earth paint completely safe for the environment. So I’m using up my regular store bought chemical paint, and I’m also working in to finish all paintings that I started with the regular oil paint so I can start bran new with ECO friendly natural pigment paint. I really can’t wait!


These paintings won’t be abstract, this is only the start. I’ve made this effect painting with a knife and burning the chemicals in the paint with heat. I had no idea that I would love the results It pays to be reckless some times.
They are small 8"x 10" since I was just experiencing but now that I know that I love it I'll make bigger ones.
I'm thinking these will be the sky for subjects closer to home, I'm thinking Canadian sky.
I find that we have some of the most beautiful sky all across our big beautiful county.
I do love the ocean and exotic animals so I paint a lot on those subjects.
When I have an art event, I'm being asked about 10 times a day if I do scuba diving. The question doesn't bother me but it did help me realize that I am in Alberta and should probably have at least one collection of a subject closer to home.

To answer the scuba diving question, the answer is no don't scuba dive. I like to say that I'm projecting my wishful thinking and one day I'll live by the ocean and get certified for scuba diving. I will have an underwater camera and take tons of pictures and paint like crazy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment